The Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA is a private, nonprofit organization dedicated to the welfare of the animals in our community. We rescue, shelter, and find homes for thousands of abandoned animals every year and we need your help.
Our volunteer programs support every function of our operation from health services to adoptions, from visiting nursing home to humane education and outreach with our mobile unit. You don't have to be experienced in animal care to become a value member of our volunteer program. You need only love and respect animals and make a time commitment that fits best into your schedule.
Everyone benefits when you become a part of a volunteer program. You will work with staff and other volunteers who share your interests. Plus you'll have the satisfaction of helping other sheltered animals and your community by learning about animal care and animal welfare issues.
The time and enthusiasm given by volunteers are invaluable contributions that make many of our programs possible. The Pasadena Humane Society is grateful for the effort each of our volunteers. With their help-and yours- we can work towards the day when each animal is being treated with compassion and being cared for in a loving home.
Volunteer Mission Statement
To offer support to the Pasadena Humane Society staff during their daily work to provide compassion and care for all animals.
- Understand and accept the Pasadena Humane Society's philosophies regarding adoptions and euthanasia.
- Communicate kindly, courteously, and professionally.
- Read, comprehend and follow detailed policies, procedures and protocols.
- Must have no records of cruelty, abuse or neglect of animals and/or children.
- Commit to a minimum of 4 hours monthly if working on-site, or a minimum of 4 hours of service quarterly if off-site.
- Provide the VP of Volunteer Services with a schedule of availability and then abide to that schedule.
- Sign the Release From Liability.
- Complete an application.
- Attend orientation (required) and kennel training (required).
Applying to be a Volunteer
- Please read each description and criteria carefully
- Choose the volunteer program you wish to participate in
- Fill out Volunteer Application and check the box to accept the electronic waivers
- Submit your completed application
- If accepted, attend the volunteer orientation and kennel training
Juniors, for your application to be completed, please have the following forms completed:
Please have the completed forms returned to:
Mary Ann Nation-Greenwall
Vice President of Volunteer Services
Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA
361 Raymond Ave.
Pasadena, Ca 91105