Volunteer Mission Statement
To offer support to the Pasadena Humane Society staff during their daily work to provide compassion and care for all animals.
Volunteering at PHS
Our volunteer programs support every function of our organization. Volunteering at PHS makes a direct, meaningful difference for hundreds of companion animals and wildlife.
Benefits of Being a Volunteer
- Everyone benefits when you become a volunteer.
- Working with staff and other volunteers who share your interests.
- Experiencing satisfaction of helping sheltered animals and wildlife.
- Learning about animal care and animal welfare issues from experts in the field.
We are fortunate to receive many requests to become a volunteer. It is important to us that volunteer service be a meaningful experience for everyone who joins. Please expect application review to take two to six months. This gives us time to review applications of those who apply and make proper placements.
- Understand and accept the Pasadena Humane Society's philosophies regarding adoptions and euthanasia.
- Communicate kindly, courteously, and professionally.
- Read, comprehend and follow detailed policies, procedures and protocols.
- Must have no records of cruelty, abuse or neglect of animals and/or children.
- Commit to a minimum of 4 hours monthly if working on-site, or a minimum of 4 hours of service quarterly if off-site.
- Provide the VP of Volunteer Services with a schedule of availability and then abide to that schedule.
- Sign the Release Form Liability.
- Complete an application.
- Attend orientation (required) and/or additional trainings if required.
Volunteer Application Procedure
We do not accept general volunteer applications. You must first attend an information meeting and then go through an approval process, which differs depending on the volunteer position. More information can be found by clicking on the job descriptions below. The Volunteer Services Department will select appropriate applicants whose skills, experience and availability meet the needs of the organization.
Please review the currently available volunteer opportunities below:
- Barks & Books
- Cat Off-site Enrichment (C.O.S.E.)
- Foster Care
- Junior Ambassador
- Pet-Assisted Therapy
- Shelter Clinic
- SNIP Clinic
- SNIP Clinic Administrative
The Pasadena Humane Society is grateful for the effort each of our volunteers. With their help — and yours — we can work towards the day when each animal is provided with compassion and care.