Pet Assistance

programs assistance cat

A new kind of homeless animal has developed as a result of the economic crisis. These pets, unintended victims when families must leave their homes or can no longer afford to care for them, have begun to turn up in shelters across the country.

If you are considering relocating your pet for any reason, or if you know someone who is, the following options may help:


  • Consider asking an animal-loving friend or family member to look after your pet temporarily.
  • Look below for a list of pet-friendly apartment complexes, and low cost veterinary services.
  • If you must relinquish your pet permanently, do so only through PHS or another reputable shelter.


People and animals alike suffer when times are hard. PHS is available to help ease the burden.

Contribute to help the Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA provide space to house the influx of animals, and the tools to provide pet owners options to keep their pets.

If you need help finding pet-friendly apartments, visit

If you need help with veterinary expenses Click here.

If you live in the cities of Arcadia, Bradbury, Glendale, La Cañada Flintridge, Monrovia, Pasadena, San Marino, Sierra Madre or South Pasadena and want to spay or neuter your pet, click here or call PHS at 626.792.7151 ext. 138.

If you need food for your dog or cat, call 626.792.7151 ext. 132.