Is the Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA a municipal shelter?
- No, PHS is an independent, donor-supported, non-profit agency that provides animal care for abandoned and homeless animals. PHS is responsible for animal control and welfare for eight area cities that include Arcadia, Glendale, La Caņada Flintridge, Monrovia, Pasadena, San Marino, Sierra Madre and South Pasadena.
- The Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA is also not part of any national animal organization. All of the funds you contribute to PHS stay locally. To learn more about your donation and how it helps please visit, How Your Gift Can Help the Animals
What kind of animals do you take care of?
- As an open door agency, the Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA welcomes and provides care to all animals in its service area regardless of age, medical condition, breed or any other criteria.
What are your hours?
- Shelter (Adoption Center) Hours: Tuesday through Friday: 9 am to 5 pm, 9 am to 4 pm on Saturday, 11 am to 4 pm on Sunday and closed on Mondays.
- Main office: 9 am to 6 pm Tuesday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm on Saturday, 11 am to 5 pm on Sunday and closed on Mondays.
- The Public Spay/Neuter Clinic Hours: 7:30 am to 5 pm, Tuesday through Saturday
- Vaccination clinics will be held on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Appointments suggested.
- Shelter Shop Hours: Monday through Friday 10 am-7 pm, Saturday 9 am-5 pm, Sunday 11 am-5 pm.
What kind of programs do you have?
Our programs include:
- Shelter — We provide food, shelter and medical care to thousands of domestic and wild animals each year.
- Adoption and Adoption Counseling — Our adoption counselors help homeless animals find caring homes after carefully ensuring owner responsibility.
- Lost & Found — We reunite lost pets with their owners. We check each animal that comes through our gates for visible and hidden identification (such as microchips) and notify the owners. We also sell identification tags in our pet store at a very reasonable cost. Our website is updated twice daily with all of the photos of newly arrived animals so that people can easily check for their lost pets.
- Humane Education — Through our Humane Education Program, school children and other members of our community learn proper pet care and the appreciation and humane treatment of animals.
- Spay/Neuter Program — To control pet over population, we have a low cost spay/neuter clinic for families who wish to sterilize their current pets.
- Cruelty Investigations — To help protect those who cannot always protect themselves, our Humane Officers actively investigate cases of animal abuse, neglect and cruelty.
- Animal Control — Our Humane and Animal Control Officers respond to calls regarding stray, injured and dead animals. They also investigate all reports of suspected cruelty to animals.
- Wildlife — Our Wildlife Officer is available to pick-up and relocate or rehabilitate local area wildlife. She will also answer any question that arises and offer solutions to problems that may develop when living with urban wildlife.
- Pet Supplies — In our store, we sell quality pet food, toys, and accessories. All proceeds from the store help fund shelter operations.
- Companion Animal Program — Because we believe that days are brighter and we are healthier when animals are around, our volunteers take pets to visit patients in hospitals, convalescent homes and special care facilities.
- Volunteer Program — We provide unique volunteer opportunities for members of the community. Their work helps reinforce humane treatment of all animals.
- Dog Training Classes — We offer a variety of training classes on site for dogs starting at 2 months old.
- Dog Boarding — We offer boarding for dogs in a special part of the shelter for a small fee.
- Licensing — We provide licensing services for the cities of Arcadia, La Cañada Flintridge, Monrovia, Pasadena, San Marino, Sierra Madre, South Pasadena.
The work of the Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA is deeply embedded in public safety concerns and the future growth of our community. Please come visit us at any time. Who knows? You may find a new member of your family.
The Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA is located at 361 S. Raymond Avenue in Pasadena.
The telephone number is 626-792-7151.